So what have the VATMen accomplished?
- Thanks to you, we have eliminated some types of frauds by 80% and counting.
- Your solutions have been implemented and are now a key element of the public finances ecosystem.
- You have shown that hackathons are an excellent way to search for great minds with even greater ideas. Now everyone does them!
- Some of you have become official technology suppliers to the MoF and continue to use your immense public potential in taxpayers’ service.
But … that’s not the end! VATMan will return soon and he’s always looking for creative and skilled colleagues. Stay Tuned!
In the meantime, rumour says he also likes govtech.gov.pl quite a bit.
MinFinTech contest is divided into 2 stages:
First stage will take place during the HackYeah hackathon held on October, 28-29 2017 (Click HERE for free entry tickets!) and is open to everyone attending the event. The Ministry of Finance will prepare and set out a challenge for the participants to solve and a panel of experts will evaluate all submissions on thoroughness, innovativeness and implementation possibility.
- Invitation to the 2nd STAGE of MinFinTech
- 1st prize: 30.000 PLN + tickets&travel to Web Summit
- 2nd prize: 20.000 PLN
- 3rd prize: 10.000 PLN
- & in-kind prizes
The second stage will consist of 2 challenges laid before those who advanced through the first stage. The participants, in collaboration with experts from the Ministry of Finance, will be solving tasks based on the daily problems faced by the MoF IT specialists. They will have an opportunity to track real VAT fraudsters based on anonymised databanks.
After an assessment by the contest Jury, solutions developed by the participants will serve to prevent tax frauds as a part of the Ministry’s digital infrastructure. Authors of the best solutions will be offered an employment for the Ministry of Finance.
- Job offers
- 150.000 PLN in total
At no point during either of the competition’s stages, will any subject-specific knowledge from the fields of finance, law, or related disciplines, be required from the participants. Such skills will not be taken into account during the contest. The Jury will only assess the creativity and efficiency of the participants’ approach to solving the challenges presented.